Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Good
Date of Report: January 16, 2018
Busy, busy weekend….lots of traffic out on the trails and lot of visitors in town. Lake Gogebic area trails are much better on the North as there is more snow. Groomers are out nightly – trying to keep ahead of the traffic.
Big shout out to Gabe and his crew who took a ride from the Walleye Lodge to Houghton yesterday and sent back their reports all day long.! Also, want to say a huge thank you to Rick Hissum our trail boss who is extremely passionate about making sure that you have the best trails to ride. We have the most traffic – and we have to work the hardest to keep things good!
- Trail 13 South of the Root Cellar about one mile in the middle of the trail between 2 and Root Cellar – the trail is showing bare and there are some rocks. Majority of the trail is fair to good. Will be groomed tomorrow.
- Trail 1 from Marenisco to State Line is bare to fair. Lots of bare spots/rocks. Needs more snow.
- Marenisco to Gogebic Lodge & fFshtales – good at best – also needs ore snow.
- Corridor 1 and 8 West – the trail is groomed every night. Tons of traffic. Had riders in that rode it this morning and said it was excellent. By noon it is rough and good at best.
- 8 East – same thing as above.
- There’s a stretch 3 miles before Ewen that needs more snow; it is rocky and has bare spots.
- 13 North is groomed nightly and riders also said that it was excellent this morning.
- 102 will be groomed tonight.
- Groomers continue to run nightly.
We have the Mallard open this weekend – nothing next weekend – and February is filling up fast! Give us a call to get the rooms you want!!!
Lake Gogebic Ice Fishing Tournament is this weekend – get in on a great time and a great party afterwards at Fishtales!
Shiny side up and have a blast!
Jim & MB