Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Still SNOW covered
Date of Report: March 1, 2020
March 1, 2020 – 6:13am – 25 degrees – Clear
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Adventure Sledding time of the year
Varying conditions – Good, Fair, Poor
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS Trails) reports in the last 24 hours most trails were groomed. For that reason here are the few sections not groomed
- Trail 10/13 from the crossing of Hwy G heading straight north. Includes the trail section that runs along Adams Rd & then goes back into the woods. Connecting to the Conover Trail 3. This area is very rough.
- Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp. This trail is the west to east trail that connects Trail 10/13 & Trail 17N. Swamp frozen but crusty & rough
- Section of 10/13 that is called the Wisconsin River Bridge trail. It starts at the intersection of trail 10/13 & Conover trail 3N heading west crossing the Wisconsin River. It comes out at trails 10W & trail 13N intersection. Approach on east side is choppy. Approaches to the bridge on both sides are pretty good. Bridge itself has moguls. Approach from the west is also very rough.
- Trig’s Shell section of the City trail to Bloom Rd.
- Trail 1 off of 10E that heads north along Dollar Lk Rd past Chanticleer Inn to the entrance of Eagle Lake
- Trail 1 aka GrampGrahm off of 10E near Catch 22 that heads north & leads to Eagle Waters Resort
ALL OTHER TRAILS GROOMED
Sunday morning & 25 degrees at 6:07am heading up to 46 for a high. Low of 23 tonight. Cloudy to partly cloudy. Temps from Monday through the week will be in the mid 30’s during the day & 20’s & some teens at night. SNOW forecast for Tuesday & Thursday. No totals being reported.
Surprisingly there is SNOW to ride in many areas. Trails have had a crusty SNOW cover with a little loose SNOW on top. This is adventure sledding season. Meaning when you ride you are going to find every sort of condition. SNOW covered. Burn through. Icy. Mushy with even some water especially road crossing. As for road routes most are bare. Under cover sections are shiny ice. This is a time of the season that really requires that you slow down. With the conditions on the trails changing quickly you can get into real trouble when riding.
Trail 10E on the south side of the road heading east is in GOOD shape from where the trails turns into a 1 way trail at the ERRA Sports Arena. This continues all the way out to Nobbe’s North where 10E turns back into a 2 way trail. Good past there all the way to the Trail 6 connect. Couple Forestry Rd are icy & have bare spots especially just past Anvil Lake campground. East to Three Lakes is GOOD. West toward Phelps FAIR.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. Have not ridden either lake lately but thinking there will be surface slush. Remember not all lakes are safe. No markers means probably not safe
There is a 55mph nighttime speed limit.
THINK COLD! KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!!!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Please contact Sno-Eagles President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 to volunteer for any event.
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours