Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Thick hard base - 15 inch snow total
Date of Report: January 21, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
WIDE RANGE OF CONDITIONS
ON AVERAGE GOOD
January 21, 2022 – 8:45am 12 below – High of 13 today
COLD this morning in Eagle River. At 6:30 this morning it was 18 below. For the next week going to be COLD. Single digits to low teens during the day. Below zero most night. Snow tonight into early tomorrow, maybe an inch. SNOW Sunday night into Monday morning. No totals.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows nearly all of the trails were groomed last night. Listed below are the areas not groomed overnight
- Trail 10W13N – No grooming from Hwy G crossing to where the trail comes out on Adams Road – this just few miles north of TrackSide.
- Club trail called Uncle Kent’s that starts along Hwy G a few mile north & west
- Trail 13N – The area heading north to the Bauer’s Dam area which is Buckatabon Road & Lake.Specifically 13 & 13A one way
Pick up a map which are available at most businesses in town. Or use the Vilas County MapIt or GTS app. Links to both are below.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time.
Trails overall are in really good shape. Lots of traffic & groups riding. Not riding today. If you are riding it’s COLD. Here are some cold weather riding tips
- Don’t ride alone & tell someone where you are riding
- Put fully charged phone in inside pocket
- Layer clothes & COLD weather outer clothing – warm gloves or heated gloves
- Extreme weather boots
- Stop often & drink warm drinks – stay away from alcohol it cools you down from the inside
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to email@example.com
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Never enough SNOW!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
- 2/1 – Directors meeting at World Snowmobile HQ
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours