Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 14+ inches snow - 7+- inch base - Fresh SNOW today!!!
Date of Report: January 16, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS MOSTLY FAIR WITH GOOD RIDING CONDITIONS
2022 Eagle River Ice Castle – Trail 10W/13N right in town by the Railroad Depot!
Built by the Eagle River Fire Department, City of Eagle River
& the Many, Many Volunteers of our Community
January 16, 2022 – 6:50am 8 degrees – High of 17 today
Temps popped up & with that came SNOW. Overnight just a schiff of not measurable SNOW. SNOW today will move in around 8:30 this morning. Weather guys forecasting much needed 1-3 inches.
The hard base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard & holding. All thanks to the cold weather. There is loose hard SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. SNOW depth is about 14 inches total There a few icy corners. Not as many as I expected. All in all trails are Fair with many Good areas. Was happy to see trails are SNOW covered with the exception of some of the approaches to crossing. Even through town was Fair right now
Was great to see the groomer out grooming Trail 10E last night as we headed home from the Derby Track. Haven’t been able to ride this weekend. Volunteering at the Track. So my reports are from riders & groomer driver I spoke to. All of ’em are surprised that the trails are holding. Great it’s been cold. Lots of traffic with the Derby & President’s Weekend riders.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows even with sub zero temps, almost all trails were groomed last night. Here are the trails sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- Trail 70W that heads west behind the Dairy Queen in town & connects to the St. Germain trails
- Trail 17S/7 that spurs off of 70W near the Honey Bear Inn & Hwy H west of town. Trail 17 heads south & connects with the Sugar Camp trails along Hwy 17.
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field trail is a spur off of Trail 17S & comes out on Hwy H west of Eagle River near the Kathan Inn Bar & Grill. It also connect to the west Sugar Camp trails
- A Club trail called Uncle Kent’s trail. It is north & west of Eagle River & comes out on Hwy G.
- Section of Trail 10W/13N from where it crosses Hwy G to Adams Rd. This is also north of Eagle River.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
The re route on 10/13/7/17 which is west of Eagle River still has rough areas. The Sno-Eagles Club did some stump grinding to help smooth out the area a few weeks ago. New re routes can take a whole season before they smooth. Slow down & all will be great.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to email@example.com
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! We need lots!
See ya on the trails next week!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby – Championship Race Day
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours