Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 14+ inches crunchy snow - 7+- inch hard base - Fresh SNOW needed
Date of Report: January 15, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS MOSTLY FAIR WITH GOOD RIDING CONDITIONS
2022 Eagle River Ice Castle – Located next to Trail 10/13N by the Historic Railroad Depot
Built by the Eagle River Fire Department, City of Eagle River
& the Many, Many Volunteers of our Community
January 15, 2022 – 8:00 am 7 below zero – High of 16 today
COLD this morning. Not much change in the report. Sort of good news is there is some SNOW forecast tomorrow. Only about an inch. The next chance of SNOW is Tuesday. Weather guys forecasting 2+. Really need a loud SNOW DANCE!
As I’ve been reporting for a while now there is a base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard & holding. There is loose hard SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. SNOW depth is about 14 inches total There a few icy corners. Not as many as I expected. All in all trails are Fair with many Good areas. Was happy to see trails are SNOW covered with the exception of some of the approaches to crossing. Even through town was Fair. But we really need more FRESH SNOW.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows even with sub zero temps, almost all trails were groomed last night. Here are the 3 area trails sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- 10E that head east & all spurs which is off the Alt13 “the grade” crossing Loon Lakes Rd. This just south of Eagle River.
- 10W/13N heading north out of Eagle River. From the Hwy G road crossing to Adams Rd.
- Trail 1 that from the Eagle Lake trail boat launch to to where it comes out on Hunter Lane. This is northeast of Eagle River
Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Did stump grinding to help smooth out the area. New SNOW has helped that area a lot.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
We sure could use some fresh new SNOW. KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby – Friday Night Thunder tonight!!!!
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours