Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: 6 inch or less base - Need more new snow - 13+- cover
Date of Report: February 7, 2022
February 7, 2022 – 5:34am 11 – High of 20 today – 8 tonight
SNOW yesterday. 2 clippers came through again yesterday. These 2 left a total of 3+- inches of SNOW by late afternoon east of town. Wet SNOW for the first time in a while. Also no evil sun at all yesterday. There’s SNOW in the forecast for Wednesday & Friday in the AM. No totals. Stay tuned.
Trails remain the same & need SNOW. Base varies as well. Thick in some areas, mainly in the under cover areas to thin or gone in the wide open areas. In town 10/13 is really in need of more new SNOW & it’s Fair to Poor. As I’ve been reporting best riding is on trails that have tree cover. 10W, 13N & a lot of 10E heading east where the trail is on the southside of Hwy 70E where the sun doesn’t get to it. You will find Fair to Poor areas where the sun got to the SNOW. But there is GOOD riding undercover.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows groomers left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & groomed about 2/3rds of the trails. Here’s what they GROOMED
- Trail 10/13 from groomer barn to Hwy G crossing
- Uncle Kent trail that starts along Hwy G north & west of Eagle River
- Trail 10 & 7 heading west off of Uncle Kent trail to Sayner trails connect
- Trail 13 heading north toward Buckatabon Lake/Bauers Dam connect with Conover trails
South & East-Groomed
- Trail 10/13 through Eagle River past the Ice Castle
- Trail Alt 13 down the grade to the intersection with Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to connect with Three Lakes trails to include 9 mile – Except Grampa Grama (Trail 1) & Chanticleer trail that runs to south Eagle Lake entrance.
West & South West-Groomed
- Trail 70 to the intersection near Honey Bear Restaurant.
- Trail 17S from Honey Bear Restaurant intersection to Sugar Camp trails connect
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field that heads west (right) off Trail 17 to Sugar Camp connect near Kathan Inn
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey – Chanticleer Inn trail
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s – across road from Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash -along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm – Trail 10E or take Catfish Lake Trail
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!