Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: 6 inch or less base - Need more new snow
Date of Report: February 6, 2022
February 6, 2022 – 8:50am 17 – High of 22 today – 4 tonight
Late report this morning. Happy to report it is SNOWING as a clipper comes through. Behind this clipper is another larger one that should be around noon. That one should bring an inch of 2. Yesterday’s SNOW was somewhat of a bust. Maybe an inch. Will take it but hey it’s time for a loud SNOW DANCE! Need to hear it from way down in southern Wisconsin.
Riding remains the same. Every condition you can think of & conditions change very quickly. Base varies as well. Thick in some areas, mainly in the under cover areas to thin or gone in the wide open areas. In town 10/13 is really in need of more new SNOW & it’s Fair to Poor. As I’ve been reporting best riding is on trails that have tree cover. 10W, 13N & a lot of 10E heading east where the trail is on the southside of Hwy 70E where the sun doesn’t get to it. You will find Fair to Poor areas where the sun got to the SNOW. But there is GOOD riding undercover.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows groomers left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & did NEARLY a FULL GROOMING session with the exception of:
- Uncle Kent Club trail that starts at Hwy G & Watersmeet Lake Road – NOT GROOMED
- Trail 1 from Trail 17N to the entrance to Eagle Lake boat launch & lake crossing – NOT GROOMED
- Chanticleer Inn spur that comes of Trail 10E about 2 miles east of Eagle River – NOT GROOMED
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Let’s hope the weather guys are right!!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing & Legend Laps – along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey – Chanticleer Inn trail
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s – across road from Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash -along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm – Trail 10E or take Catfish Lake Trail
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!