Eagle River has long held the distinction of SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD, and it’s a matter of pride that causes local clubs and businesses to work so diligently to maintain that title. Snowmobile fever becomes a way of life in our Eagle River winters, and the talk often turns to “picks”, “carbides” and performance. In fact, these snow machines seem to outnumber cars during the winter months.
Over 500 MILES OF GROOMED TRAILS connect the communities of the area, including access to major county and state routes. Trails wind throughout the area’s scenic forests, but frequently pass close to service businesses which can provide you with fuel and sustenance, shelter and refreshment. If you don’t have your own snowmobile, several dealerships will be happy to provide you with equipment during your visit.
Snow Cover: Average less than 6.5" - Average Snow Depth 13"
Date of Report: January 22, 2017
Trails Fair Condition
Warm conditions continue in the northwoods. Trails Conditions on average are Fair. In town getting Poor but there is base. Average Ice base at less than 6.5 inches. Average Snow depth at 13 inches.
No grooming overnight to preserve the ice base. Both sides of the WI River Bridge (Trail 10W/13N) has water & slush on top of the ice.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. Both lake trails have surface slush.
Temps looks to go back down mid week. Even SNOW in the forecast. Stay tuned.
If you are riding keep the Emergency 3 Digit Numbers in mind. If you need assistance with an emergency call 911 & give them the most recent number you saw. This helps dispatch pin point your location.
World Championship Feature Week. Final’s Today!!
Time to THINK COLD! And start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month