Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Good
Date of Report: January 21, 2019
Woke up to snow today on the North end – about 3” overnight! South end of Lake Gogebic also received a couple inches which will help out in thin areas. Forecast for this week looks to be cold with 5-8” forecasted for Tuesday and more snow forecasted for Friday/Saturday.
Groomers are out and putting trails back in shape after a very busy weekend.
- Trail 13: Good to very good.
- Trail 1 to Presque is in good condition and recently groomed.
- Trail 1 N/Corridor 8: groomed and in very good condition.
- Trail 102 in good to very good condition.
- Trail 8 East has been groomed; gets thin toward Ewen.
- 8 West recently grooms and in good shape.
There has been a lot of traffic on the trails and on the lake, and our mid-week traffic has also picked up. Be careful and watch out for icy corners. DNR is reported to be out check for sound and alcohol violations. Use good judgement – don’t drink and ride – and obey all trail guidelines.