Snow Cover: Excellent
Date of Report: January 2, 2020
The New Year is off to a good start with cold temps and daily snow in the forecast starting on Sunday. John Dee is forecasting that we could get from 12-24” Jan 6-11 and he’s usually on the money – so let’s keep our bets with him. Groomers have been out on the trails and have done a great job getting trails back in shape after last week. Trail 8 West is closed till further notice.
- Trail 1 N – Groomed last night. Good condition – few wet spots.
- Train 1 South to Marenisco – groomed today – good condition from the State Park South. North there are some wet spots and most sledders are riding the lake.
- Trail 8 between Bergland and Wakefield is CLOSED due to water on the trail. Advised not to ride this trail at all until it freezes. If heading west, take the West shore to Marenisco.
- Trail 8 East – good condition. There is some logging as you head South out of Bruce Crossing toward Bond Falls.
- Trail 13 North: Very good condition. Groomed last night.
- Trail 13 South: Good condition. Past the Root Cellar, there is more logging. You will have to travel on East Shore Rd approximately 2 mile further then before to get back onto trail 13. A new reroute will take place. Please follow the signs marked 13. (Permanent Re-Route for the 2019-2020 Season).
- 102/South Boundary – good condition.
Groomers have been out fixing/repairing areas with open water. Still some wet areas – use caution.
Also, please consider supporting Gogebic Area Grooming! Join online at: https://www.gogebicareagrooming.com/join-the-club-2/