Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Good
Date of Report: February 22, 2023
The Lake Gogebic Area has received 6-8” of new snow over the past 2-3 days and it has really helped out tremendously on our trails. The new snow mixed with what we had and it set up nicely with cold temperatures overnight. Trails in the Lake Gogebic Area reported to be in good to very good condition and groomer Dave has reported that the South end of the Lake and Marenisco are in excellent condition! We are forecasted to receive about 8” over the next 36 hours and if that happens groomers will be out in force to get all the trails set but we should be in excellent condition! The only challenge area in the pipeline area above Timberline Sports which receives the most traffic. New snow will certainly help that corridor out!
Here’s the skinny from our groomers:
- Trail 102: was groomed this morning!
- Trail 8 west – will have a groomer going down tonight and they will check to see what utility company has got accomplished and will report tomorrow on status that that trail opening.
- Trail 8 East: will be groomed tonight.
- 13 North: will be groomed tonight.
- 1 south – grooming today and will also be grooming the ditch line.
So far this season we have received over 170” of snow – and winter is far from over! Come on us and ride – we’ve got the best conditions around! Thanks to all of you who visit and support our area and our businesses, and thanks to all who work hard to make the Lake Gogebic Area one of the very best snowmobile destinations in the country!