Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Snow covered
Date of Report: January 8, 2017
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
1 degree this morning & moving all the way up to 10. And the good news is SNOW in the forecast. Monday Night into Tuesday Morning. 1-3 inches Monday & 1-3 Tuesday. If we get this SNOW it will move the trails out of Early Riding. Stay tuned.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels.
Riders I spoke to this weekend all told me that everywhere they rode it was groomed & for the most part smooth. There is ice under the SNOW so be aware of that as you ride. Riding Monday & will get you a more detailed report.
Manske Swamp area of Trail 3 and WI River Bridge area of Trail 10W/13N not groomed. Still concern that the grooming equipment is to heavy to travel through until more freezing of those areas goes on.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or email@example.com
Riding in COLD weather tips
- Tell someone where you are riding
- Dress extra warm in layers -to include frigid weather rated boots – take extra gloves, socks
- Have a fully charged phone with you stored in an inside pocket
- Stop more often drinking warm drinks & eating to keep up energy
- Watch for the 3 digit brown emergency numbers along the trail
Keep Doin’ the SNOW Dance!
See Ya On The Trails When It Warms Up!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month