Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 12+ inches snow - 7 inche base
Date of Report: January 7, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS IN FAIR TO GOOD RIDING CONDITION
January 7, 2022 – 6:18am 7 below zero – High of 12 today
With the new SNOW the trails are in FAIR TO GOOD RIDING CONDITION. We found all SNOW covered. There are some icy corners heading west & far north. Some road crossings were partially blocked from road & driveway plowing. 10E which runs east of Eagle River along Hwy 70E was SNOW filled from road plows winging the banks. This from no grooming Wednesday overnight.
Today I’m happy to report the Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows nearly the entire system was grooming last night.
- Trail 17N was not groomed from Chain o’ Lakes Rd by the Cenex Gas Station north to where it crosses Hwy 45 north of Eagle River. This trail is on the east side of Hwy 45N
- Trail 10W was not groomed from the Trail 10W/13N intersection to Croker Rd. This section is west of the Wisconsin River Bridge section of Trail 10W/13N. The section that turns right & heads south. Rest of 10W was groomed
REMINDER: Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Here’s a photo of the work done on January 3rd. Did stump grinding to help smooth out the area. New SNOW has helped that area a lot. It will take some time to smooth out & a lot of SNOW so expect it to be very rough.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
January – Construction of the 2022 Ice Castle begins Saturday. Ice blocks will be cut from Silver Lake & transported to the building site. Located between the Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House along side of Trail 10/13 heading through Eagle River.
- 1/6-9 – Vintage Snowmobile Races – World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Bar & Grill – Hwy 45N
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours