Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Snow cover
Date of Report: January 6, 2017
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
Another COLD morning in Eagle River! 17 below at 8am. Single digit highs & below zero at night until Sunday. This is good for the remaining trail areas that were still mushy or wet.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels.
Land trail grooming last night included Trail 10W toward Sayner; Trail 13N toward Conover and portions of the the “Town Routes” – Trails 17N, 3N & 13S. With the COLD weather the trails are laying down great. Smooooooth where groomed.
Manske Swamp area of Trail 3 & WI River Bridge area of Trail 10W/13N are not groomed. Still concern that the grooming equipment is to heavy to travel through until more freezing of those areas goes on.
There are a few icy areas so be aware.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Riding in COLD weather tips
- Tell someone where you are riding
- Dress extra warm in layers -to include frigid weather rated boots – take extra gloves, socks
- Have a fully charged phone with you stored in an inside pocket
- Stop more often drinking warm drinks & eating to keep up energy
- Watch for the 3 digit brown emergency numbers along the trail
Keep Doin’ the SNOW Dance!
See Ya On The Trails When It Warms Up!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month