Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 20-30 inches PLENTY
Date of Report: January 30, 2020
January 30, 2020 – 7:54am 18 degrees & very cloudy
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Plenty of SNOW with Varying conditions
18 degrees this morning on the way up to 24. 15 tonight. No evil sun. It has been cloudy for many days which is a big help to keeping trails in good shape. Cloudy continues until Sunday when it will be partly cloudy. Temps are popping up again Sunday as well. Stay tuned on how that effects the trails. Then back to cloudy & lower temps. Teens & single digits at night. THINK COLD!
There has been bits of Lake Effect SNOW everyday. Not amounting to much. Just enough to cover the vehicles. Next measurable SNOW is way out to a week from this Saturday. Start DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Groomer Tracking System shows the following trails GROOMED in the last 24 hours:
- 10/13 through town south to Three Lakes turn around & north to 17N intersection
- 17N to Manske Swamp aka 3N
- Manske aka 3N to 10W/13N
- Wisconsin River Bridge
- All 13N to include one way to Bauer’s Dam (Conover) turn around
- Uncle Kent trail to 10W intersection near Boot Lk Rd to 13N
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. No reports of surface slush. Please stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Not much change & in general found trails sections especially in swamps have rough areas. Covered with plenty of snow but the bumps have set in the base & it is hard to correct.
- Manske Swamp was groomed over night but is rough
- Sections on 13N beyond Hwy G has improved
- Loon Lk Rd to Bloom Rd section of 10E rough
- section of 17N from trail 1 to Columbus Rd very rough
- 70W section from Sundstein Rd running past the Lincoln Townhall heading west to Synergy rough sections
- 17S from Paintball field trail 7 to Sugar Camp connect.
So here’s what you need to do…..KEEP THINKING COLD can use it & DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See you on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
February 4 – Sno-Eagles Board meeting – 6pm – Snowmobile Museum – Hwy 45N ALL WELCOME
February 7-9 – Pond Hockey – This year at the World Championship Derby Expo – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
Please contact Sno-Eagles President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 to volunteer for any event.
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours