Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 12+ inches snow - 7+ base on the trails with snow cover
Date of Report: January 3, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS IN EARLY SEASON RIDING CONDITION
January 3, 2022 – 9:41 am – 6 degrees
Cold morning in Eagle River! Sorry for the late update. Was at the Packer Game. How ’bout those Packers!! Double digits below zero last night. Sun is out this morning with high of 24 today & lows 20’s high tomorrow. Back to the teens for highs Thursday until next Monday. Lows at night will be single digits or below zero. Snow forecast Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Not totals yet. Time for a SNOW DANCE!
Trails are SNOW covered & in EARLY RIDING CONDITION. Didn’t get out to ride yesterday. Looks about half the system was groomed overnight. Here are the trails that were groomed in Eagle River by the Sno-Eagles last night
- Trail 10E – The entire network heading east. To include Trail 1 leading to Eagle Lake, Granpa Grahm leading to Eagle Waters Resort, 9 miles trails(alternate trail to Three Lakes) and ALL of 10E.
- Trail 10/13 through town in both directions. Heading south this trail connects to Trail 10E. Heading north it was groomed all the way to the Conover connect.
- Trail 10W/7 that heads toward Sayner to include the Uncle Kent spur was groomed.
At present the club is not grooming Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp or section of Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge trail.
REMINDER: Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. It’s rough ride now. Rode it a couple of days ago & it is snow covered & conditions are improving.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Chilly. Might want to put on another layer. See ya all on the trails! – Send me some of your trail photos so I can post in the report. firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
January – Looks like there will be an Ice Castle this year! Word is ice block cutting on Silver Lakes starts Monday!! Photos soon!
- 1/4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting 6pm – Snowmobile HQ & Museum – Hwy 45N
- 1/6-9 – Vintage Snowmobile Races – World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Bar & Grill – Hwy 45N
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours