Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 20-30 inches PLENTY
Date of Report: January 29, 2020
January 29, 2020 – 6:37am 16 degrees & cloudy
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Plenty of SNOW with Varying conditions
Winter continues in Eagle River & all of Vilas County with 20-30 inches SNOW on the ground & the trails. A little Lake Effect Snow yesterday afternoon. The next 3 days will be cloudy with highs in the 20’s & lows in the teen or less. Not much new SNOW in the forecast. Are you DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE?
Because Groomer Tracking System shows nearly all trails were groomed last will list the trails NOT groomed below:
- Alt13 aka 3 “the grade” from 10E intersection to Three Lakes turn around
- Section of Trail 7 aka Paintball field that runs along Hwy H near Kathan Inn & Sugar Camp connect
- GranpaGrahm aka 1
- Trail 1N to Columbus Rd
- Uncle Kent trail
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. No reports of surface slush. Please stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Not much change & in general found trails sections especially in swamps have rough areas. Covered with plenty of snow but the bumps have set in the base & it is hard to correct.
- Manske Swamp was groomed over night but is rough
- Sections on 13N beyond Hwy G has improved
- Loon Lk Rd to Bloom Rd section of 10E rough
- section of 17N from trail 1 to Columbus Rd very rough
- 70W section from Sundstein Rd running past the Lincoln Townhall heading west to Synergy rough sections
- 17S from Paintball field trail 7 to Sugar Camp connect.
So here’s what you need to do…..KEEP THINKING COLD can use it & DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See you on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
February 4 – Sno-Eagles Board meeting – 6pm – Snowmobile Museum – Hwy 45N ALL WELCOME
February 7-9 – Pond Hockey – This year at the World Championship Derby Expo – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
Please contact Sno-Eagles President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 to volunteer for any event.
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours