Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Most have then snow cover from the squalls
Date of Report: January 27, 2017
Trails Fair to Poor Condition
The WI River Bridge portion of Trails 10W/13N is CLOSED. Due to high water from the dam. It is FENCED/GATED. DO NOT GO AROUND THE BARRIERS.
Extreme Danger beyond the barriers.
All trails except Manske Swamp part of Trail 3 and the WI Bridge portion of 10W/13N were groomed last night. Light traffic trails out of town look pretty good & rated FAIR. In town and at some road crossing conditions are POOR.
The hard base is still at a little less than 6 inches. Snow squalls today through the weekend. Monday into Tuesday measurable snow. Sure hope so. I’d like to get out and ride again. Stay tuned for totals.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels.
If you are riding keep the Emergency 3 Digit Numbers in mind. If you need assistance with an emergency call 911 & give them the most recent number you saw. This helps dispatch pin point your location.
Time to THINK COLD! And start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Welcome Women On Snow!
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – CANCELLED FOR THIS WEEK
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month