Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 3-4 base with 14 inches loose snow in most areas
Date of Report: January 26, 2018
January 26, 2018 – 7:15am
ALL SNOWMOBILE TRAILS GOOD
Grooming continues every night. Out east Trail 10E, 9 Mile & Chanticleer which is part of Trail 1. North & west Trails 10W, 13N, 3N, 7 & most of 17N. Heading west & south Trails 13S to where we connect to Sugar Camp, 7 aka Paint Field that goes to the Kathan Inn turn around where Sno-Eagles connects with Sugar Camp. Trail 3 to Three Lakes groomed.
Trails are in Good to Very Good Condition this morning at 7:15am. Temps are rising to the high 30’s so conditions will change to GOOD by the afternoon. Trail should hold but the SNOW will be softer.
Here are a few continuing reminders on the trails:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Clearly marked with signs. Minimal grooming on this trail.
- Wisconsin River Trail – 10W/13N & Manske Swamp – 3N – 10W/13N in really good shape. Snow covered and pretty smooth. No bumps at the approach to the bridge on 10W/13N. Both groomed last night.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. RIDERS TELL ME NO SURFACE SLUSH AS OF LAST NIGHT. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. The lights installed change colors. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building. Holding up well in the warm up.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
THINK COLD & Keep Dancin’!
Plenty of new SNOW. See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
Jan 26-28 – Women on Snow
January 27 – Saturday Night Out – Nutty Squirrel – 5:30pm
Jan 31 – Feb 2 – Weekday Ride-A-Way
Feb 6 – Board of Directors meeting, Hall of Fame
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30