Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 1/2 inch new SNOW - 7 inch hard base plus 13 inches crusty SNOW
Date of Report: January 23, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
WIDE RANGE OF CONDITIONS
ON AVERAGE FAIR to GOOD
January 23, 2022 – 8:15am 2 above zero – High of 8 today
Trails overall are in really good shape & SNOW covered. Heading north & east is where you’ll find the best SNOW. Lots of traffic & groups riding. With that said please Ride Right…Ride Safe. Found some icy corners so slow down. Last please don’t ride off trail. When you leave the trail you’re trespassing. It’s also dangerous. There can be “stuff” hidden under the SNOW or a wet swamp section. There’s some SNOW late in the forecast tonight. Looks more like flurries. More SNOW Wednesday night into Thursday morning. No good reports on totals yet.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows nearly all trails groomed in Eagle River last night. Here are the trails NOT groomed overnight
- Trail 10E east of Eagle River. This includes all spurs – Were not groomed
- Trail 17N section from Chain o’ Lakes Rd which is by the Cenex gas station to the intersection with Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp. This trails runs along side Hwy 45N of Eagle River.
- Trail 10W/13N – Short section from where trail crossed Hwy G & comes out on Adams Rd. This is north of Eagle River.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. There have been several sleds going into the water this winter. ALL were not anywhere near a trail. With wet SNOW there is a chance of slush pockets on the lakes.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to email@example.com
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Never enough SNOW!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler – Group left at 10am – 17 below – Photo shot to the right
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
- 2/1 – Directors meeting at World Snowmobile HQ
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours