Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Hard base. New snow of about 6-9. More north
Date of Report: January 23, 2018
ALL SNOWMOBILE TRAILS ARE OPEN & GOOD
NEW WET PACKY SNOW
SNOW starting right after lunch yesterday and continued into last night. This morning it looks like on average about 7 inches of wet packy SNOW east of Eagle River with reports of 9 inches north of Eagle River.
Groomers left in the SNOW last night so have to think trails groomed are really smooth this morning! Trails were groomed west & north. Grooming equipment is not designed to go off trail so stop when you meet the groomers & pull over. Let them go by. Make sure to give them a thumbs up. As riders if we go in & get stuck the groomers can pull us out. Not the same if we had to try to pull them out.
The new SNOW is going to upgrade the trails. For now rating them GOOD until I get out to see them. Will update later today with more info.
Here are a few continuing reminders:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Clearly marked with signs.
- Wisconsin River Trail – 10W/13N & Manske Swamp – 3N are being groomed off & on. There are rough spots but it is frozen tight. All SNOW covered. Have had no reports of any slush out on either of these trails. This could change with the new snow. Do not leave the trail to be safe.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. VERY HARD SURFACE. SURFACE SLUSH MIGHT DEVELOP WITH THE NEW HEAVY WET SNOW. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. The lights installed change colors. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building. Holding up well in the warm up.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
THINK COLD & Keep Dancin’!
Plenty of new SNOW. See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
Jan 26-28 – Women on Snow
January 27 – Saturday Night Out – Nutty Squirrel – 5:30pm
Jan 31 – Feb 2 – Weekday Ride-A-Way
Feb 6 – Board of Directors meeting, Hall of Fame
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration