Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Hard ice base - snow covered
Date of Report: January 21, 2019
VILAS COUNTY TRAILS TO INCLUDE SNO-EAGLES TRAILS ARE OPEN!
Still Early Season Riding Trails Good to Fair
January 21 2019 6:33am – 19 below – High of 14
Monday morning & the weather guys were wrong. 19 to 21 BELOW ZERO this morning! High of 14. The good news is SNOW is in the weather guys forecast both Tuesday & Wednesday! Tonight about an inch. Tuesday 1-3 inches. Wednesday less than an inch. Even with the really cold temps there were lots of riders out.
With the sub zero temps the groomers went out early to groom. Most trails were groomed last night. Please give those drivers a thumbs up when you see them. They groom so we all have good trails to ride.
Best riding is heading east, northeast, north, far northwest, south & southeast. The trails heading west are thin on SNOW so hard for the groomers to correct trail conditions. The SNOW coming will improve all areas.
There is snirt at the road crossings. Plenty of sanding has been done on the roads due to the icy conditions. Same for many road trails. It is icy underneath everywhere so slow down.
Sno-Eagles Country has 2 areas that have one-way trails. 10E is a one-way trail from the ERRA Sports Arena all the way out to Nicolet Mini Mart. The other is the 13’s up near Buckatabon Bridge & Bauer’s Dam area. Clearly marked with DO NOT ENTER signs. Plus trail signs are backwards if you are going the wrong way.
EAGLE LAKE TRAIL & CATFISH LAKE TRAIL ARE MARKED & OPEN. Stay by the reflective orange barrels. Do not drift away from the barrels as it is not safe to do so. Remember not all lakes have trails so if you don’t see marker do not ride on it to be safe. These are the only 2 lakes that are marked in Sno-Eagles Country. No other lake trails.
Also there is a dusk to dawn speed limit of 55 MPH.
Continue DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE & THINK COLD!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
- Wednesday & Thursday – Trail Rides – Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on “the grade” Trail 13/3 at 9am. Contact Club Pres., Howard Wolf 262.442.4876
- Friday-Sunday, January 25-27 – Women On Snow!
- Saturday, January 26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – White Stag(7141 Hwy 17 N, Sugar Camp, WI) – 5:30pm Social time – 6:00pm Dinner
- Tuesday, February 5 – Sno-Eagles Board meeting – 6:00pm – International Snowmobile HQ – Hwy 45N next door to the Derby Track
- Friday-Sunday, February 8-10 – LaBatt Pond Hockey – Dollar Lake – Hwy 70E to Dollar Lk Rd
- Tuesday-Thursday, February 12-14 – Sno-Eagles Week Day Away – Florence, WI
- Thursday, February 21 – Sno-Eagles General Member meeting – Ed B’s White Spruce – Hwy 45 at the bridge
Handy Snowmobile Links