Snow Cover: Hard base less 7" - 15" plus/minus snow cover
Date of Report: January 21, 2017
Still to warm upnorth. Mid 30’s today with low over night around 30 tonight. It did rain later yesterday afternoon. Tomorrow night time temps moving forward will be in the 20″s. Snow is in the forecast for Wednesday & Thursday. Stay tuned to see if that develops. By Thursday day temps will be in the 20’s & teen overnight.
Trail Conditions on average are Fair. There is still Good riding farther out. In towns there are Poor areas. Pretty mushy.
No grooming overnight to preserve the ice base. With the temps beaware that there will be slushy, mushy areas & even some water. There are report that the west side of the Wisconsin River Bridge (Trail 10W/13N) has standing water on the ice.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No reports but there must be some surface slush out there. Be careful.
As you ride keep the Emergency 3 Digit Numbers in mind. If you need assistance with an emergency call 911 & give them the most recent number you saw. This helps dispatch pin point your location.
Torchlight Parade CANCELLED due to weather conditions.
Day 3 of the World Championship Feature Week. Come On Up & Join Us!
Time to THINK COLD! And start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month