Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Snow cover
Date of Report: January 2, 2017
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
Light SNOW in the forecast today. 1-2 inches. High of 28 – Low of 27
Catfish Lake Loop is OPEN. Stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Eagle Lake Trails is CLOSED due to water. Stay off for safety sake
Grooming continued last night with the BR-180 and T-5 New Holland. Trails groomed from Eagle River:
- Trail 13 heading west & then south to Trail 7
- Trail 7 “Paintball field”
- Trail 7 west to the St. Germain connect
- Trail 13S to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the Three Lakes connect including 9 Mile Trail & Chanticleer Trail
- 13N – The “Bauers Dam run” to Conover connect
- 17N/3N to Trail 1N
- Manske Swamp area a part of Trail 3N is frozen with bumps & ungroomed in just that short section. Could be mushy/wet.
- 10W13N the WI River Bridge area is frozen with bumps & ungroomed at the bridge area. No reports yet of mushy/wet.
- Trail 17S from Trail 7S to the Sugar Camp connect is not groomed. Reports of mushy/wet areas.
- Section of Trail 17N from Trail 1N intersection to Phelps connect. There are reports of mushy/wet areas.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or email@example.com
THINK COLD! Keep Doin’ the SNOW Dance!
Thanks for riding Sno-Eagles Trails!
See Ya On The Trails today!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month