Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 7 inch hard base - 14 inch +- total snow FRESH SNOW NEEDED
Date of Report: January 17, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
WIDE RANGE OF CONDITIONS
January 17, 2022 – 6:40am 19 degrees – High of 23 today
Trails have all conditions. On average I’d rate as FAIR. There is GOOD & VERY GOOD too. The hard base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard & holding. All thanks to the cold weather at night. There is loose hard SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. SNOW depth is about 14 inches total There a few icy corners. Didn’t ride this past weekend but going riding this afternoon will have a better report for you tomorrow.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows almost all trails were groomed last night. Here are the 3 trail sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- Trail 10E to include the spurs: Chanticleer, Grampa Grahm & 9 Mile not groomed. This is from the intersection of Alt 13/3 south of Eagle River
- Trail 17N from Chain o’ Lakes Rd by Cenex Gas station to the intersection of 17N & 3N aka Manske Swamp. Trail runs along side of Hwy 17N of Eagle River
- Trail 10W/13N – section from Hwy G crossing to Adams Rd. North of Eagle River.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time.
The re route on 10/13/7/17 which is west of Eagle River still has rough areas. The Sno-Eagles Club did some stump grinding to help smooth out the area a few weeks ago. New re routes can take a whole season before they smooth.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! We need lots! Looks like Tuesday SNOW
See ya on the trails next week!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours