Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 14+ inches snow - 7+- inch base - Fresh SNOW needed
Date of Report: January 13, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS IN FAIR TO GOOD RIDING CONDITION
2022 Eagle River Ice Castle
Built by the Eagle River Fire Department, City of Eagle River
& the Many, Many Volunteers of our Community
January 13, 2022 – 8:00 am 21 – High of 26 today
Short report this morning. Just a schiff of SNOW overnight. The trails could use some fresh SNOW. START DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
A base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard. There is loose SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. SNOW depth is about 14 inches Icy section especially in the corners. Again need new fresh SNOW.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows most trails groomed last night. Here are the trails sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- Section of Trail 10/13N from Hwy G to where the trail comes out on Adams Rd – North of Eagle River – Not groomed. Checking to see if there is some issue on that trail as it has not been groomed in a while. Update to follow.
- Trail 10E no grooming. That includes Chanticleer trail that heads to Eagle Lake trail, Granpa Grahm trail that goes to Eagle Waters Resort & the 9 mile trail
- Trail 10W/7S that connects to the Sayner trails.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Did stump grinding to help smooth out the area. New SNOW has helped that area a lot.
Would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to email@example.com
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours