Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 14+ inches snow - 7+- inch base - Fresh SNOW needed
Date of Report: January 12, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS IN FAIR TO GOOD RIDING CONDITION
2022 Eagle River Ice Castle
Built by the Eagle River Fire Department, City of Eagle River
& the Many, Many Volunteers of our Community
Located on Trail 10/13 in town by the Historic Railroad Depot
January 12, 2022 – 6:20 am 26 – High of 27 today
Crazy temps swing. 17 below at this time yesterday. Today it’s 26 with a high of 27 today & 13 tonight. SNOW moving in tonight into tomorrow. Looks to be only about 1 inch. Could use more than that. START DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
A base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard. There is loose SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. New SNOW will help that out. Icy section especially in the corners.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows most trails groomed last night. Here are the trails sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- Trail 70W to connect with St. Germain trails – West of Eagle River
- Trail 17S to connect with Sugar Camp trails – West & south of Eagle River
- Trail 7 aka Paintball Field that comes out along Hwy H & connects with Sugar Camp trails – West & south of Eagle River
- Trail 3N aka Manske north of Eagle River. Connects trail 10/13N to trail 17N
- Section of Trail 10/13N from Hwy G to where the trail comes out on Adams Rd – North of Eagle River
- Chanticleer Trail off of 10E that goes to Eagle Lake crossing from the south
- Granpa Graham Trail off of 10E that goes to Eagle Waters Resort
REMINDER: Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Did stump grinding to help smooth out the area. New SNOW has helped that area a lot.
Would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours