Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: Ice base thinning from the 7 inch. - Snow fatigued
Date of Report: February 8, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
Conditions Change Quickly
Need More SNOW
February 8, 2022 – 8:30am 12 – High of 33 today – 23 tonight
Well the evil sun is out today. The good news is that SNOW is moving in tonight around midnight into tomorrow morning. Doesn’t look like a very strong system. Inch or 2. Next SNOW is Thursday night into Friday. Starting Friday night back into the freezer with below zero temps at night. Single digit to low teens until next Tuesday. TIME FOR A SNOW DANCE!
Every condition you can think of & conditions change very quickly on the trails. Base varies as well. Thick insome areas, mainly in the under cover areas to thin or gone in the wide open areas. In town 10/13 is really in need of more new SNOW & it’s Fair to Poor. As I’ve been reporting best riding is on trails that have tree cover. 10W, 13N & a lot of 10E heading east where the trail is on the southside of Hwy 70E where the sun doesn’t get to it. Top photos is 10E on northside of Hwy 70E. Bottom photo is 10E southside of Hwy 70E
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows groomers left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & did NEARLY A FULL session. Here’s what they GROOMED
- Trail 10/13 from groomer barn to Hwy G crossing heading north
- Trail 10 & 7 heading west off of Uncle Kent trail to Sayner trails connect
- Trail 13 heading north toward Buckatabon Lake/Bauers Dam connect with Conover trails
South & East
- Trail 10/13 through Eagle River past the Ice Castle
- Trail Alt 13 down the grade all the way to the Three Lakes connect
- Trail 10E to connect with Three Lakes – Except the spurs (Trail 1)Chanitcleer trail that runs to south Eagle Lake entrance, Grampa Grama (Trail 1), 9mile trails.
West & South West
- Trail 70 to the intersection all the way to St. Germain connect
- Trail 17S from Honey Bear Restaurant intersection to Sugar Camp trails connect
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field that heads west (right) off Trail 17 to Sugar Camp connect near Kathan Inn
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey – Chanticleer Inn trail
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s – across road from Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash -along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm – Trail 10E or take Catfish Lake Trail
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!