Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Base 3 inch minimum - 19 inches snow
Date of Report: February 7, 2021
6:45am Currently 20 below – High of 0 today – Low tonight 20 BELOW
Trails in GOOD to VERY GOOD Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
The hardy groomer drivers groomed last night. All trails groomed except a short section of Trail 1 that spurs off of 10E (West Carpenter Lake Rd by Catch 22 Restaurant).
Great to have a ton of SNOW on the trails. Frozen base is 2-3 inches. With plenty of SNOW on top. Nightly grooming will keep them smooth even with all the traffic. Which there was a lot of yesterday. Also building the hard base! GOOD to VERY GOOD.
Got up at 5:30am this morning & it was 30 below zero 6 miles east of Eagle River! Right now at 6:15am it is 20 below! So if you are riding today might want to wait until lunchtime as by then it will only be single digits below. If you ride here are some cold weather riding tips:
- Extra layers of clothing
- Gloves/mittens with long lasting hand warmers or try a pair of battery heated gloves. Gauntlets over handle bars good too
- Cold weather boots with layered socks
- Fully charged phone stored in the inside pocket of your jacket
- Heated shields are great other wise remember to breath through your nose to prevent fogging
- Stop more frequently & drink water. Cold can cause dehydration
Thinking the new snow should stop off trail riding. Please stay on the trails to keep the trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
TIME TO RIDE IF YOU ARE HARDY!
SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!!!
News and Reports:
UPDATE – Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday rides start has been cancelled for now.
Will resume soon
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information as to when rides start
- February 9-11 – Mid Week Overnight ride to White Pine, MI – Contact Carol Radloff 715.479.5153 for details
- February 18 – General membership meeting via Sno-Eagles Facebook live.
- February 20-21 – USSA World Series of Snowmobiling Race – WCDC Track – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
- February 26-27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.487
isconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit (pictured on the right) emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. A brown TIN is pictured at the left.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information