Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Hard base - Loose snow on top
Date of Report: February 7, 2018
February 7, 2018 – 7:56am
TRAILS GOOD TO FAIR
6 below zero at 7:50am. High of 13 today. Light SNOW early this morning. Just a schiff on the car. Partly sunny to cloudy today. Much better for the trails. Trails are GOOD for the most part. FAIR in some areas where there are more icy corners. It’s Wednesday & time for the Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet Ron at 9am at the Ice Castle on the “grade” trail. Time to get out and ride!
Trails are very icy under the SNOW. With the amount of loose SNOW on top you will notice the back end of your sled slipping around. So slow down to be safe. Corners everywhere are icy. Some covered with SNOW. Others blown out with high berms so slow down so you can stay on your side. Stay on the right side always. Not only on the corners but straight aways & hills.
The Groomer Drivers out again last night. Tracking system shows the following trails groomed:
- 10E to include 9mi, Grampa Grahm & Chanticleer spurs
- 10W/13N to include Wisconsin River Bridge heading west
- 17N to 1
- 1 to Eagle Lake Boat Launch
- Manske Swamp – 3N
- 17S/7 aka Paintball field
- Grade through town
Still many families in the area but no large groups. Noticed many rental sleds out on the trail too. Many of them 2-up’s. Enjoying a first taste of riding in Eagle River, THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® Not many places you can go where you can park your tow vehicle. Hop on your sled going everywhere you want without having to use that tow vehicle for your entire stay! Mid-week riding is the best. Come on up & try it!
Here are a few continuing reminders on the trails:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Right now there are logs in piles along sections of the trail. With the log piles and icy grainy conditions in that section it would be good to slow down. Very icy corners.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
Yes the Ice Castle is still up! If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for this weekend, February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. You can ride there by sled. Take Trail 10E to a left onto Chanticleer Trail at Hwy 70E Road House. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake – Volunteers needed. Contact the Chamber at 715.479.6400.
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration