Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Snow cover
Date of Report: February 6, 2017
Trails Very Good Condition
As for today. All Trails Groomed last night reported by new Trail Boss after a weekend of heavy use. No new snow overnight. Snow moving in later tonight & continuing through Tuesday. Wide totals so stay tuned. Looks to be overcast for the day!
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush.
Here’s what I saw Saturday.
Left my, right on the trail house, Saturday morning at 7:30am Rode into town & for the most part on 10E we were the first riders. 10E Good to Very Good. All snow covered. Found a couple of road crossings with snirt at the very edge. Taylor Lake & Spruce Rds had snow coverage on the edge.
Picked up 13 “the grade” into town to Friendship House to meet riding friends & for breakfast. Recommend it. Fast service & great breakfast. Stopped to get non ethanol gas at D&S & headed south on 13 toward Three Lakes. Trail 13 all the way to Three Lakes was EXCELLENT.
Left Trail 13 from Three Lakes heading south where we picked up Trail 12. Took that all the way to Cross Country Bar & Grill. Trail VERY GOOD. The fields had a few drifts. A few icy corners & a little thin as we got to Cross Country on the road.
From Cross Country we took Trail 15. Which was ridden hard. GOOD in most places. There is a really swampy section that the Sugar Camp Club is keeping equipment out of. Smart move so it is bumpy. Icy corners.
Trail 70A is EXCELLENT. Took that to the intersection near Kathan Inn. Headed north on 7(Paint Ball Field) toward Eagle River to Trail 13 VERY GOOD to EXCELLENT.
Trail 13 all the way back to Eagle River. All was VERY GOOD until where the trails goes back into the woods. That areas was snirty & icy. Groomers are doing their best with not a lot to work with.
Into town & through town on “the grade”. VERY GOOD. Picking up 17N at the edge of town. 17N was VERY GOOD all the way until the Hwy 45N road crossing. Snirty there on the west side of town. Those big pines seem to do that every year. Improved at the Trail 3/17 intersection. 17N on the south side of road VERY GOOD.
Took 1N. Snow covered all the way to include along Town Hall Rd to the Eagle Lake Boat Landing. Eagle pretty smooth. Bumpy on the south exit which can’t be groomed. Dollar Lake Rd thin on snow. Back on trail which was VERY GOOD. To Trail 10E & back home. It was still GOOD to VERY GOOD.
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! Time to ride!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Cocktails 5:30pm – Dinner 6:00pm
- February 25 – 12 Pines Restaurant on Townline Rd off of Trail 10E
- March 25 – Catch 22 on Hwy 70E/Trail 10E about 5 miles from Eagle River.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month