Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: Ice base thinning from the 7 inch - Burned through areas - Snow fatigued
Date of Report: February 5, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
Conditions Change Quickly
February 5, 2022 6:35am – 12 below zero – High of 15 today – Low 10
SNOW moving in from the west today around noon with an increase of wind. Weather guys say SNOW from noon to 9pm. Bringing 2+ inches. Sure hope it’s more.
As for trail conditions they are all over the place. In town is really showing wear. Out of town north which has the most woods trails is actually GOOD to FAIR. Heading east there are one way trails. The trails that are on the northside of Hwy 70E (Trail 10E heading back to town) have lots of snirt sections & burn throughs. Open areas where the evil sun got at ’em are Poor to Fair(south & west). All in all trails need SNOW.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows grooms left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & did NEARLY a FULL GROOMING session with the exception of:
- Trail 17N from Trail 10/13 heading northwest across Hwy 45N to Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp – NOT GROOMED
- Trail 1 from Trail 17N to the entrance to Eagle Lake boat launch & lake crossing – NOT GROOMED
- Heading east on Trail 10E the spurs are NOT GROOMED – These are Chanticleer to Eagle Lake; Granpa Grahm trail to Eagle Waters – NOT GROOMED
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Let’s hope the weather guys are right!!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing & Legend Laps – along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey – Chanticleer Inn trail
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s – across road from Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash -along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm – Trail 10E or take Catfish Lake Trail
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!