Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Easy 19 inches total base of 3-9 inches
Date of Report: February 5, 2021
February 5 – 8:15am Currently 3 – High of 7 today – Low tonight 4 BELOW
Trails in GOOD to VERY GOOD Condition
8-10 inches of new SNOW!
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Nightly grooming continues with almost the entire Sno-Eagles Eagle River trails groomed. Only 70W toward St. Germain. 17S toward Sugar Camp & 1N which is off of trail 17N were NOT GROOMED.
Suggest buying a Sno-Eagles trail map to help with location of trails. Plus download the GTS trails app It is available at the App Store.
Well the weather guys were almost right with the SNOW totals. The Eagle River area received 8-10 inches of wet heavy SNOW! A bit more than they forecast! On top of that the temps dropped last night. So….with grooming the cold temps trails are in GOOD to maybe even VERY GOOD condition
If you are riding today or over the next week be prepared with extra warm clothes. Temps will be 0-1 degree for highs during the day & double digits below zero every night for the next week. Here are some cold weather riding tips:
- Extra layers of clothing
- Gloves/mittens with long lasting hand warmers or try a pair of battery heated gloves. Gauntlets over handle bars good too
- Cold weather boots with layered socks
- Fully charged phone stored in the inside pocket of your jacket
- Heated shields are great other wise remember to breath through your nose to prevent fogging
- Stop more frequently & drink water. Cold can cause dehydration
Thinking the new snow should stop off trail riding. Please stay on the trails to keep the trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
TIME TO RIDE IF YOU ARE HARDY!
SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 reporting conditions weekly
Eagle River area events – Sno-Eagles club events
News and Reports:
UPDATE – Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday rides start has been cancelled for now.
Will resume soon
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information as to when rides start
- February 9-11 – Mid Week Overnight ride to White Pine, MI – Contact Carol Radloff 715.479.5153 for details
- February 18 – General membership meeting via Sno-Eagles Facebook live.
- February 20-21 – USSA World Series of Snowmobiling Race – WCDC Track – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
- February 26-27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.487
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit (pictured on the right) emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information