Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: Ice base thinning from the 7 inch. - Snow fatigued
Date of Report: February 3, 2022
February 3, 2022 – 6:44am 15 below zero – High of 8 today – 9 below tonight
Waiting for SNOW to move in late Friday into Saturday. No totals. Most trails are SNOW covered. On the northside or in open fields the sun has burned through some areas. Snirt also present. The long & short is SNOW is needed.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows grooms left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night did minimal grooming. Heading mainly north. With the south trail Alt 13 to Three Lakes connect also groomed & a short portion of Trail 70W from the Honey Bear Restaurant to St. Germain connect groomed. Here are the northern trail/sections groomed:
North & Northwest – from the Groomer Barn
- Trail 10/13 north to Hwy G & back to
- Trail 17N to
- Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp back onto
- Trail 10/13 across the
- Wisconsin River portion of 10/13 at the intersection heading north continuing on
- Trail 13 to the turn around near Bauer’s Dam Restaurant & Buckatabon Lake
Best riding until more Snow is north & woods trails.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Trails Need More Fresh SNOW
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/2 – Groomer Show – St. Germain – 9am-4pm Wednesday – 9am-2pm Thursday – Final Day
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing & Legend Laps
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours