Snow Cover: Hard base. Average of 14 inch snow depth
Date of Report: February 3, 2017
Trails Very Good Condition
Start of the Weekend! And new snow Sunday, Monday & Tuesday with a schiff Wednesday have brought the trails to Very Good Condition. There does not look to be any problems to report anywhere. Might be a few road trails that are thin but most have a snow covering along side. Even the snirt has pretty much gone away. Some at a few crossing right in town. But “the grade” Trail 13 is in great shape!
Looks like all trails were groomed last night. Gates & fencing are down & the WI River Bridge section of Trail 10W/13N is OPEN again. It might be icy because it was all water on top last week.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are open & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush because no evil sun. If you ride past a ice fisherman remember to slow way down. Also remember there is a 55 miles speed limit dusk to dawn even on the lakes.
Riding with friends from Plymouth & Elkhart this Saturday & Sunday. So will let you know what I see out.
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! It’s Time To Ride!!!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month