Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Ice base - most snow covered - trails on northside open areas burning through
Date of Report: February 25, 2021
6:25am Currently 21 – High 32 – Low 19 tonight
Trails on average FAIR with areas of GOOD & POOR
And Trails are OPEN
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Trail grooming continued last night with an almost full grooming. This morning reporting the trails that were NOT GROOMED last night.
- Alt13/3S that heads to Threes Lake & connects with Three Lakes trails
- 70W that heads west out of Eagle River & connects with St. Germain trails
- 17S that heads south off of 70W & connects with Sugar Camp trails
- 7 aka paintball field that is located off of 17S heading west & connects with Sugar Camp trails
Trails have downgraded to FAIR on average. There are GOOD areas east & northwest. POOR in open areas. Will be out riding today & will have a report on what we see tomorrow.
We have entered the “Adventure Sledding” time of the season. When riding expect all sorts of conditions. The small SNOW yesterday was a disappointment. Added to the warm daytime temps. Need ya to THINK COLD for during the day. Next SNOW is Sunday. 70% chance with totals all over the place so stay tuned. START DANCIN‘
Please stay on the trails if you are riding.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Watch for ice fishing holes on both lakes. No surface slush as of this morning.The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
Ride it while we got it. SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!
News and Reports:
Thursday Guided Trail Ride
Start at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 10/13N – 9am departure
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information on the rides
- February 27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N – Tickets available at businesses all through Eagle River, Conover & Three Lakes – Buckets raffles too!
- March 2 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – VFW Post 8637 – 6pm – One block west of Eliason Realty – Hwy 70 on the left – Public Welcome
- March 18 – General Membership Meeting – 7pm – Via Facebook – Goes to Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
- March 19-20 – RAM Trucks National Snocross – World Championship Derby Complex -Stay tuned for more details!
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities
contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information