Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: Less than 7 inches in most areas - Snow cover - Need more snow
Date of Report: February 2, 2022
February 2, 2022 – 7:03am 0 degrees – High of 11 today – 10 below tonight
Not much to report today except it’s cold! Trails need SNOW. Trail conditions change quickly. Snow covered. Icy. Snirty. Road trails bare or icy. Ground Hog saw his shadow. Let’s hope he’s right. Here is an extend grooming report.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows grooms left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & groomed:
- Trail 10/13 south through town & past the Ice Castle
- Trail Alt 13 south to the connect with Three Lakes
- Trail 70 west to Hwy H intersection near the Honey Bear
- Trail 17 south to the connect with Sugar Camp
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field that heads west (right) off Trail 17 to Sugar Camp connect near Kathan Inn
North – from the Groomer Barn
- Trail 10/13 north
- Wisconsin River Bridge part of 10/13
- Over the bridge heading north on 13 ALL GROOMED
- Over the bridge heading west on 10 ALL GROOMED to include Trail 7 connect to Sayner/St. Germain
- Uncle Kent club trail that comes out at Hwy G
- Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp that connects 10/13 & 17N together
Northwest – off of 10/13
- Trail 17N heading toward Phelps
- Trail 1 to the north end boat launch of Eagle Lake
Nearly the entire system except heading east. Thin east on the northside trails best to not groom.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Trails Need More Fresh SNOW
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/2-3 – Groomer Show – St. Germain – 9am-4pm Wednesday – 9am-2pm Thursday
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing & Legend Laps
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours