Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Plenty of SNOW softened up
Date of Report: February 2, 2020
February 2, 2020 – 7:46am – 32 degrees
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Plenty of SNOW with Varying conditions
Extremely heavy traffic
Boy oh boy! Thought last weekend was really busy but this past weekend beat it by a mile! Very large groups of as much as 20’s. Riding today so will report what it’s like today.
Temps have popped way up into the 30’s & will be the same today. So SNOW while deep is soft & mushy in open areas. Again riding today will let you all know how the SNOW depth is holding up. Temps will begin to drop late tomorrow with 10 for a low tomorrow, Monday night. From there are is will be much colder. Teens & low 20’s during the day & single digits or low teens at night. THINK COLD! Start DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Big night of grooming again. Groomer Tracking System shows most trails were groomed in the last 24 hours. So today here are the trails NOT GROOMED
- 17N from intersection of Manske Swamp aka 3N heading east to Columbus Rd
- 1 from intersection of 17N to Eagle Lake boat launch
- Uncle Kent club trail
- Trig’s Shell trail from station to Bloom Rd
- GrampGrahm aka 1 which is off 10E starting by Catch 22
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. No reports of surface slush. Please stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Not much change & in general found trails sections especially in swamps have rough areas. Covered with plenty of snow but the bumps have set in the base & it is hard to correct.
- Manske Swamp aka 3N is rough & has a very mushy spots
- Sections on 13N beyond Hwy G has improved
- Loon Lk Rd to Bloom Rd section of 10E rough
- Section of 17N from trail 1 to Columbus Rd very rough
- 70W section from Sundstein Rd running past the Lincoln Townhall heading west to Synergy very rough sections
- 17S from Paintball field trail 7 to Sugar Camp connect.
Riding today heading north. Report in the morning
See you on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
February 13- Thursday Sno-Eagles guided ride – 9am at the Historic Railroad Depot across from Friendship House – Trail 10/13
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours