Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 3 ice hard base plenty of snow on top
Date of Report: February 13, 2021
February 13 – 7:20am Currently 13 below – High of 1 above today
Low tonight 17 below
Trails remain in VERY GOOD to GOOD Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Chance of late morning SNOW
Groomers in Eagle River were out again ALL TRAILS were groomed except 1N that runs from the Eagle Lake Boat launch north to trail 17N & 1S aka grampa graham trail which is located off of 10E at West Carpenter Lake Rd
The trails are in good shape. Continued grooming has kept them chop & mogul free. Hard frozen base of 3 inches+- with loose SNOW on top. Did not ride yesterday but on Thursday afternoon found GOOD to VERY GOOD conditions everywhere. Trail10/13N heading out of Eagle River is the best I’ve seen in a couple of years. The section that crosses over the Wisconsin River Bridge is in great shape all the way to the intersection of 13N & 10W. A little ice in the couple of corners coming off Deep Lake Rd section of 10/13N. 13N heading toward Bauer’s Dam is VERY GOOD. Heading west on 10W/7 toward Sayner is also VERY GOOD. 17N that connects to Phelps trails does have a few icy corners but is GOOD. Heading through town is in great shape. Alt 13S to Three Lakes is VERY GOOD to GOOD with a few icy corners. 10E was groomed last night & is VERY GOOD to GOOD.
If you do riding it’s another cold morning so here are some cold weather riding tips:
- Extra layers of clothing
- Gloves/mittens with long lasting hand warmers or try a pair of battery heated gloves. Gauntlets over handle bars good too
- Cold weather boots with layered socks. Boot warmers are good too
- Fully charged phone stored in the inside pocket of your jacket
- Heated shields are great other wise remember to breath through your nose to prevent fogging
- Stop more frequently & drink water. Cold can cause dehydration
- Tell someone where you are riding & download the MapItVilasCo app. It gps’s your location & the location of the TIN(trail identification numbers)
Please stay on the trails to keep the trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. Both are bumpy so might want to slow down. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
TIME TO RIDE IF YOU ARE HARDY!
News and Reports:
UPDATE – Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday rides
Start at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 10/13N
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information on the rides
- February 18 – General membership meeting via Sno-Eagles Facebook live.
- February 20-21 – USSA World Series of Snowmobiling Race – WCDC Track – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
- February 26-27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities
contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information