Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 6 inch or less base - Snow cover 13-16 inches
Date of Report: February 12, 2022
Eagle River Trails
Fair to Good
February 12, 2022 – 5:45am 4 below – High of 6 today – 11 below tonight
Lake Snow moved through yesterday adding about 1/2-1 inch of SNOW to the wet heavy 3 inches Thursday into yesterday morning. Lots of moisture in the SNOW. The grooming before the SNOW on Thursday night & more grooming last night follow by then the cold last night has moved the trails to Fair to Good. Going to be below zero at night until Tuesday.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows groomers left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & groomed:
North of Eagle River
- Trail 10/13 from groomer barn to the connect with the Conover trails
- Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp trail that spurs off of Trail 10/13 heading east – to include Trail 17N from Hwy 45N crossing to connection with Trail 1
- Wisconsin River bridge crossing of Trail 10/13 that heads west
- Trail 10 & 7 heading west to the connect with the Sayner trails
- Trail 13 (the one way section only)heading north toward Buckatabon Lake/Bauers Dam connect with Conover trails
East of Eagle River
- Trail 10/13 heading south through Eagle River past the Ice Castle to Trail 10E intersection
- Trail 10E to connect with Three Lakes trails to include 9 mile & all other spurs off of Trail 10E.
West & South West of Eagle River
- Trail 70 to the intersection near Honey Bear Restaurant.
- Trail 17S from Honey Bear Restaurant intersection to Sugar Camp trails connect
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field that heads west (right) off Trail 17 to Sugar Camp connect near Kathan Inn
Another long night of grooming. Riding is GOOD. In town trails could use more SNOW. Give the groomer drivers a thumbs up & remember to pull over to let them by.
Heavy traffic near town with lots of large groups of riders. Be sure to “Right Right” even in the corners. Please remember to stop at road crossings & yield at driveways. Also there is a 55 MPH speed limit at night.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water this season far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey – Ride by sled from 10E to Chanticleer Inn trail
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s – across road from Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash -along Trail 10/13 in town
- 2/26 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Twelve Pines, Hwy 70E of Eagle River 6pm – Trail 10E or take Catfish Lake Trail
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – “The Legislative Voice of Wisconsin Snowmobilers”
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!