Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 3 ice hard base plenty of snow on top
Date of Report: February 11, 2021
February 11 – 6:52am Currently 27 below – High of 7 above today
Low tonight 27 below
Trails remain in VERY GOOD to GOOD Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Groomers in Eagle River were out again Trails groomed are:
10/13 that runs through town in both directions
Alt 13 that connects to Three Lake trails
10/13N heading north out of town to include trails that run up to the Bauer area connect to Conover
3N aka Manske Swamp
17N to the 1N intersection
1N to the Eagle Lake boat launch
10W/7S that connect to Sayner & St. Germain trail
The trails are in great shape. Cold is continuing with these cold conditions until next Tuesday.
If you do riding it’s another cold morning so here are some cold weather riding tips:
- Extra layers of clothing
- Gloves/mittens with long lasting hand warmers or try a pair of battery heated gloves. Gauntlets over handle bars good too
- Cold weather boots with layered socks. Boot warmers are good too
- Fully charged phone stored in the inside pocket of your jacket
- Heated shields are great other wise remember to breath through your nose to prevent fogging
- Stop more frequently & drink water. Cold can cause dehydration
- Tell someone where you are riding & download the MapItVilasCo app. It gps’s your location & the location of the TIN(trail identification numbers)
Please stay on the trails to keep the trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
TIME TO RIDE IF YOU ARE HARDY! SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!!!