Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 3+- hard base covered with plenty of SNOW
Date of Report: February 10, 2021
February 10 – 7:25amm Currently 18 below – High of 3 above today
Low tonight 18 below
Trails remain in VERY GOOD to GOOD Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Groomers in Eagle River were out tonight working hard to groom nearly the entire Eagle River Sno-Eagles trail system. This morning it is easier report what was not groomed:
- Trail 10 W from just beyond the intersection of 10W/13N
- Trail 7 that connects to the Sayner & St. Germain trail in the northern section of Sno-Eagles trails
- A section of Trail 1N from the Eagle Lake Boat Landing to where the trail leaves Town Hall Rd & heads west along Hwy 17.
- Everything else was groomed!!
Best way to learn the trails is to buy a Sno-Eagles trail map. Plus download the GTS trails app It is available at the App Store.
Rode 10E, 10/13N the grade south of town heading north through town & all of 13N yesterday. All were in great shape & SNOW covered.
If you do riding in the cold temps will remind you again about some cold weather riding tips:
- Extra layers of clothing
- Gloves/mittens with long lasting hand warmers or try a pair of battery heated gloves. Gauntlets over handle bars good too
- Cold weather boots with layered socks. Boot warmers are good too
- Fully charged phone stored in the inside pocket of your jacket
- Heated shields are great other wise remember to breath through your nose to prevent fogging
- Stop more frequently & drink water. Cold can cause dehydration
- Tell someone where you are riding & download the MapItVilasCo app. It gps’s your location & the location of the TIN(trail identification numbers)
Please stay on the trails to keep the trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
TIME TO RIDE IF YOU ARE HARDY! SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 reporting conditions weekly
Eagle River area events – Sno-Eagles club events
News and Reports:
UPDATE – Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday rides start has been cancelled for now.
Will resume when there is more SNOW
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information as to when rides start
- February 9-11 – Mid Week Overnight ride to White Pine – Left yesterday with temps of 20+- below Photo tomorrow
- February 18 – General membership meeting via Sno-Eagles Facebook live.
- February 20-21 – USSA World Series of Snowmobiling Race – WCDC Track – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
- February 26-27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.487
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information