Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Hard Base - Icy snow on top
Date of Report: February 10, 2018
February 10, 2018 – 8:05am
TRAILS ON AVERAGE GOOD
FAIR THROUGH TOWN
VERY GOOD CONDITIONS FARTHER OUT
Another sub zero morning at 8 below. 16 forecast for a high. Trails are GOOD for the most part. Conditions through Town are FAIR. Riding in the woods north, farther out east you will find areas of VERY GOOD. Could use some new fresh SNOW on the trails. So start Doin’ the SNOW DANCE!
Remember the trails are very icy under the SNOW. There is loose SNOW over the icy base but it is fatigued & icy too. Another reason to Do the Snow Dance. Riding you will notice the back end of your sled slipping around. Might even notice the track slipping. So slow down to be safe. Corners everywhere are icy. Some covered with SNOW. Others blown out with high berms so slow down so you can stay on your side. Actually trails have icy stretches even on the straight aways. Stay on the right side always. Not only on the corners but straight aways & hills.
Here are the Trails groomed over night:
- 10E to include Chanticleer Trail
- 70W/13S to 7 to 10W/13N
- 10W/13N aka Wisconsin River Bridge
- 7 aka Paintball Field
Here are a few continuing reminders on the trails:
• Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Right now there are logs in piles along sections of the trail. With the log piles and icy grainy conditions in that section it would be good to slow down. Very icy corners. Minimal grooming due to the logging operation.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS TO BE SAFE.
REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
Yes the Ice Castle is still up as of this morning! Should this change I will do another update. In the mean time if you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building.
Day 2 of the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for the entire weekend out on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. You can ride there by sled. From Eagle River take the “grade” in town south to the 3S/10E intersection. Left onto 10E. Ride that until you see the Hwy 70E Road House. Check out this link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
Think overcast & Keep Dancin’!
See ya on the trails this weekend!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
• Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
• Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
• Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering – Volunteers needed. Call Eagle River Chamber at 715.479.6400
• Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
• Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
• Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App