Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Plenty Snow cover
Date of Report: February 1, 2017
Trails Good Condition
Over the last few days cold temps & SNOW have returned to Eagle River! Since Sunday through yesterday afternoon it looks to me that Eagle River got about 3-4 inches of new SNOW. West side of town looks to have gotten a little more. We are at the high for today of 18. Tonight 0. Trails will stay in Good Condition with little sun & cold temperatures. SNOW forecast for Saturday.
Trail Boss reports all trails groomed last night. ALL TRAILS ARE OPEN. Gates & fencing are down & the WI River Bridge section of Trail 10W/13N is OPEN.
The hard base is icy & new SNOW can make things “squirrelly” for the backend of your sled. So be careful. Grooming last night should have helped that. Otherwise Time To Ride!
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush.
Time to THINK COLD! And Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Groomer Show in St. Germain on Wednesday, February 1. You can ride your sled there.
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month