Snow Cover: 2 to 5 inches of SNOW on the ground. Higher totals are in the woods
Date of Report: December 9, 2016
Vilas County Snowmobile Trails Are Currently Closed
***TRAILS WILL OPEN DECEMBER 12- SNOW & WEATHER CONDITIONS PERMITTING***
Southeast Vilas County saw 3 -5 inches of Snow! Hard to tell with all the wind. Higher totals are actually way in the woods. More would have been good but we will take it. Now the Cold will move in first with lowering night temps. Then Tuesday of next week during the day temps will be single digits and night time temps will be below zero. Just what the trails need. Freeze down all areas.
Trail Boss has enlisted snowmobiles to run back & forth over wet areas to move the freeze up along by compressing the snow & slush.
Parks & Recreation Administrator, Dale Mayo, will finish inspecting on Saturday, December 10. He will contact all 11 Clubs Monday morning, December 12 for individual area conditions for each Club. Stay tuned for an announcement. Trails are officially sanctioned & given the ok to open by Vilas County. Shouldn’t be too long now. Safety First!
Keep THINKING COLD as there still are wet swamps & marshy areas.
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 as conditions dictate until the Trail Officially Open
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- December 15 – Christmas Party at Eddie B’s White Spruce – No meeting (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- December 13
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.