Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base with snow cover - about 4" new snow
Date of Report: December 31, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
On average about 4 inches of new SNOW over night! 18 degrees at 8am with a high of 25 today! Time to get out and ride!
Nightly grooming continues with the T-5 New Holland & the BR-180. All trails with the except of a few sections were groomed last night.
- Manske Swamp area a part of Trail 3N is frozen with bumps & ungroomed in just that short section.
- 10W13N the WI River Bridge area is frozen with bumps & ungroomed at the bridge area.
- Trail 17S from Trail 7S to the Sugar Camp connect is not groomed.
- Some spurs of Trail 10E may not be groomed.
- Section of Trail 17N from Trail 1N intersection to Phelps connect.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or email@example.com
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are now open. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. There are reports of some surface slush. So be aware. If that is of concern there are land trails going in the same direction that you can ride. Check your trail map.
Remember not all lakes have trails & some are never safe. If your trail map does not show a trail or if there are no markers IT IS NOT SAFE.
The Iron, Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Nice job on Doin’ The Snow Dance! Now get out & ride! Happy New Year!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month