Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 2 inches new snow over night. 4 inch base. 12 inche snow depth
Date of Report: December 29, 2021
Well not too much new SNOW late yesterday into this morning. Less than 2 inches. All counts. Base building & 12 inches of SNOW.
Temps will stay in the low to mid teens for the next 7-10 days during the day. Singles digits above & below zero at night. Perfect for the trails.
In Sno-Eagles Country, Eagle River trails are in EARLY RIDING CONDITION. Expect all types of riding. Swamps & wet areas are tight. Short ride yesterday. Lots of traffic so all sorts of conditions. 10E both one ways were groomed. Some chop by the Sports Arena. Section after Bloom Road crossing was frozen tight & in pretty good shape. Thin snow in the open area better in the woods. Some snirt at the Loon Lake Road crossing. The grade (10/13) into town had plenty of snow & was great. So was through town. Trail 17N was for the most part good except a section on the east side of the Hwy 45N. Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp was tight & swamp section smooth. West land side & 13N from the intersection rough. Wisconsin River Bridge(10/13) was rough. Took 10 heading toward Bauer’s Dam. Headed to Conover trails & took 10/13S, the grade back to Eagle River.
Overnight the groomers groomed nearly the entire Sno-Eagles system. Here’s what was not groomed:
- 10E from MJ’s Wayside east to Three Lake connect (east of town)
- Grampa Grahm Trail 1N off of 10E (east of town trail to Eagle Waters)
- 13N from the Hwy G crossing to 3N intersection (north of town)
- 3N aka Manske Swamp (north of town)
- 17N – from Trail 1S intersection heading east to Phelps connect
- Wisconsin River aka Trail 10 – eastside of bridge (northwest of town)
Catfish & Eagle lake trails are NOT marked. So please stay off for now.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Here’s a photo of the change. It’s rough ride now. Should smooth out as we get more SNOW. Please stay on the trail.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya all on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting 6pm – Snowmobile HQ & Museum – Hwy 45N
- 1/6-9 – Vintage Snowmobile Races – World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Bar & Grill – Hwy 45N
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours