Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base some icy with snow cover
Date of Report: December 29, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
With the warm up over Christmas snow did soften up & then froze when the temps dropped so there are icy conditions in areas out on the trails. Slow down to be safe. On the straight a ways & in the corners.
Almost to the high for today of 27 at 6am. 12 for a low tonight. Fresh new snow would be great. 40%-50% chance of snow today starting this morning. Maybe an inch. 1-3 inches forecast for Friday.
Nightly grooming. Check out the Trail Boss Report of trails groomed below. Keep in mind there may be sections ungroomed due to mush, slush on the trails.
- 70W to St. Germain – Groomed
- 10W to Sayner – Groomed
- 13N to Conover – Groomed
- 10E heading east & connecting to Three Lakes Trails & north – Groomed
- Alt Trail 13S portion of Town Run – Groomed with some areas not groomed, but packed with snowmobles
- 13S portion of Town Run – Not Groomed but packed with snowmobile. Rough in areas
- 7N/17S portion of Town Run – Partially Groomed. Some areas packed by snowmobile.
- 17N/3N portion of Town Run – Partially Groomed. Some areas packed with snowmobiles
- 3 – Manske Swamp portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Rough in spots USE CAUTION
- 10W/13N – WI River Bridge portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Trail packed by sled. Bumpy USE CAUTION
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are now open. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. There are reports of some surface slush. So be aware. If that is of concern there are land trails going in the same direction that you can ride. Check your trail map.
Remember not all lakes have trails & some are never safe. If your trail map does not show a trail or if there are no markers IT IS NOT SAFE.
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month