Trail Conditions: Open
Snow Cover: 4 + new snow overnight on the maybe 4 inch trail base
Date of Report: December 27, 2021
December 27, 2021 6:41am 24 degrees
In about an hour & 15 minutes the Vilas County Snowmobile trails will open for the season! Overnight 4 inches of new wet SNOW. With SNOW showers still this morning. More SNOW in the forecast for Tuesday & Saturday. Also looks to be some overnight SNOW on Thursday & Friday. Temps in the 20’s for highs & single digits over most night until Friday when highs will drop into the teens & lows until mid next week. WINTER is here!
Here is the official PSA from the Parks & Rec Supervisor. In Sno-Eagles Country, Eagle River trails are in very early riding condition. For the most part swamps are in pretty good shape. Expect all types of riding. The Catfish & Eagle lake trails are NOT marked. So please stay off for now.
Will let you know more tomorrow morning.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya all on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
p.s. This season would love to post your trails photos of trail conditions. So send them to me at email@example.com
News and Reports:
- 1/4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting 6pm – Snowmobile HQ & Museum – Hwy 45N
- 1/6-9 – Vintage Snowmobile Races – World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Bar & Grill – Hwy 45N
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours