Snow Cover: 2-3 base with snow cover
Date of Report: December 25, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
Short Christmas Report today! The weather guys are not calling for a White Christmas! Looks like some snow may fall mid afternoon. It will then turn to sleet Later to rain. Not a happy report. There is one more day of the weather pop up. Then back to WINTER. Tuesday temps will be High 16 – Low 9. Next chance of SNOW Thursday.
With all that said trails are about the same. As in all sledding seasons the town trails have the most use so it has softened most there.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are not open. Volunteers are checking ice depth. Stay tuned for updates. Please stay off the lakes.
The Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
No grooming last so that the drivers could spend time with there families. Here are a few areas to know about:
- Manske Swamp – Section of Trail 3N between intersection of 17N/3N and 10W/13N passable by sled USE CAUTION
- WI River Bridge – Trail 10W/13N Passable by sled, Trail packed, by sled
- Due to the mushy areas there may be sections that are not
Report any trail issues to Brian Scheid 715.891-2332 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
Last….How ‘Bout Those Packers!
See Ya On The Trails & Merry Christmas!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.